What do an old German, an old Irishman, and an old Englishman have in common?
They are all raising money for An Saol’s €1.5m rehabilitation project for survivors of severe Acquired Brain Injuries (sABI).
When? From October 4 to October 15, 2016
What are they doing?
Reinhard Schaler (57), Martin Walsh (64), and Chris Pyne (57) are attempting a twelve day, 1000Km bike ride along the California coast – And they are doing it the hard way… traveling north against the wind from Hollywood to Napa!
That would be tough for the most athletic cyclists… BUT THESE OLD BLOKES?!
Why are they doing it?
To raise money for An Saol’s Pilot Project – a 3 year, €1.5m programme to provide a center to properly rehabilitate survivors of sABI.
Are these guys crazy to do it?
Absolutely!… but given the sad neglect of survivors of sABI, they believe it’s actually the policy makers who really need their heads examined! This is why they are riding. To raise awareness of the challenges facing the survivors and families of sABI, and to raise funds for the An Saol Pilot Project which will establish a care facility providing an intensive and inclusive neurological rehabilitation program, informed by best international practice.
They are on a cycle for Life!
• Tue, Oct. 4th Long Beach – Hollywood
• Wed, Oct. 5th Hollywood – Ventura
• Thu, Oct. 6th Ventura – Solvang
• Fri, Oct. 7th Solvang – Pismo Beach
• Sat, Oct. 8th Pismo Beach – Cambria
• Sun, Oct. 9th Cambria – Big Sur
• Mon, Oct. 10th Big Sur – Monterey
• Tue, Oct. 11th Monterey – Santa Cruz
• Wed, Oct. 12th Santa Cruz – Half Moon Bay
• Thu, Oct. 13th Half Moon Bay – Palo Alto
• Fri, Oct. 14th Palo Alto – San Francisco
• Sat, Oct. 15th San Francisco – Napa
• Sun, Oct. 16th Napa